- 1. An adoption application must be filled out and returned to ARFhouse Chicago for consideration.
- 2. Once an application is received and reviewed, a representative from ARFhouse Chicago will contact the applicant.
- 3. We perform reference checks, vet reference checks and background checks on all potential adopters.
- 4. For many of our dogs, a home visit will be required.
- 5. A time will be set up for the adopter to meet with their potential companion animal.
- 6. The adopter signs a guardianship contract which explains the expectations for pet care and ensures that if continued guardianship becomes impossible, the animal will be returned to ARFhouse Chicago.
- 7. The current adoption fee is $100.00 for cats, $200.00 for dogs, and $30.00 for guinea pigs. This fee helps defray the expenses of spaying/neutering, disease screening, vaccinations, microchipping and ongoing medical care provided at the shelter.
- 8. Follow-up calls are performed after each adoption. It is important to ARFhouse Chicago that we learn how the animal is adjusting, answer any questions our adopters may have, and do our best to ensure a happy, healthy transition for the whole family.
Please note: If you have not heard back from us within 5 days, either by phone or e-mail, your application to adopt has not been approved.